An Independent Living Scheme in Woolwich
Woolwich Parochial independent living consists of eight one-bedroom flats, with four on the ground floor and four on the first floor. They are situated in a predominantly residential area.
The almshouses were established in 1679 and rebuilt in 1958. They underwent a programme of modernisation in 1993. There are gardens on all sides of the building, with controlled parking to the front and surrounding roads. 24-hour emergency cover provided through the Anchorcall telephone alarm system.
1-8 Greenlaw Street, Woolwich, London SE18 5AW
- Age: Applicant must be aged 60 years or over at the time of application.
- Geographical: Applicant must have lived in Greenwich for 5 years prior to the date of application. Preference is given to applicants who live in the Woolwich area.
In exceptional circumstances where it has not been possible to fill a vacancy from this locality, then the trustee may consider applicants from the Pathways Jubilee area of benefit comprising the London boroughs of Wandsworth, Waltham Forest, Enfield, Haringey, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Lambeth.
Train & Tube
- Woolwich Dockyard Railway Station, Woolwich, London SE18 5JY – (0.3 mile, 5-minute walk)
- Woolwich Arsenal Railway Station for DLR (Docklands Light Railway), Woolwich New Rd, Woolwich, London SE18 6EU – (0.6 mile, 12-minute walk)
- Nearest bus routes: 51, 99, 386, 161, 177, 180, 472, 380, 178, 96
- Santander, 41 Powis St, Woolwich, London SE18 6JD – (0.5 mile, 9-minute walk)
- Lloyds Bank, 19, 21 Powis St, Woolwich, London SE18 6HZ – (0.5 mile, 10-minute walk)
- Halifax, 9-13 Powis St, Woolwich, London SE18 6HZ – (0.5 mile, 10-minute walk)
- NatWest, Powis St, Woolwich, London SE18 6LE – (0.5 mile, 11-minute walk)
- HSBC, 15 Wellington St, Woolwich, London SE18 6PH (0.5 mile, 10 minute walk)
London Borough of Greenwich, The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street, Woolwich, SE18 6HQ – (2.7 miles, 13-minute car drive)
Supermarkets & Stores
- Sainsbury’s, 25 Calderwood St, Woolwich, London SE18 6QW – (0.3 mile, 6-minute walk)
- Iceland, 88, 104 Powis St, Woolwich, London SE18 6LQ – (0.4 mile, 8-minute walk)
- Tesco Express, 10 Major Draper St, Woolwich, London SE18 6GD – (0.7 mile, 14-minute walk)
Kingsman Parade Sub Post Office, 6 Kingsman St, Woolwich, London SE18 5QE (0.1 mile, 3-minute walk)
Woolwich Arsenal Park – (0.6 mile, 12-minute walk)
- Ferry view Health Centre, 25-27 John Wilson St, Woolwich, London SE18 6PZ – (0.2 mile, 5-minute walk)
- Karia Dental, 23 Calderwood St, Woolwich, London SE18 6QW – (0.4 mile, 8-minute walk)
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Stadium Road, London, SE19 4QH – (1.7 miles, 7 minute car drive, 30 minute walk)