An Independent Living Scheme in Battersea
Dovedale Cottages in Battersea is an independent living scheme consisting of 21 one-bedroom flats: seven on the ground floor; eight on the 1st floor; and six on two storeys. Dovedale Cottages was established in 1841 and renovated in 1995/97. A new block was built in 1979/81. Communal facilities include a laundry and conservatory.
The two original end cottages are Grade II listed buildings. The later block linking the two cottages is not listed. The scheme is located in a residential area. There are gardens to all sides of the building, with limited controlled parking in all surrounding roads.
24-hour emergency cover provided through the Anchorcall telephone alarm system.
240A Battersea Park Road, London SW11 4LN
- Age: Applicant must be aged at least 55 years old at the time of application.
Train & Tube
Battersea Park Railway Station – 0.8 Miles, 17-minute walk
- Buses 49, 319, 344, 345, 639, 670 & N31, The Latchmere (Stop LB), Battersea, London SW11 4BT – 0.1 Miles, 1-minute walk
- Buses 44, 344, The Latchmere (Stop LS), Battersea, London SW11 4LN – 0.1 Miles, 1-minute walk
- Barclays Bank, 7-11 St John’s Hill, London SW11 1TR – 0.8 Miles, 17-minute walk
- Santander, 24-26 St John’s Rd, London SW11 1QQ – 0.8 Miles, 17-minute walk
- Lloyds, 48 – 50 St John’s Rd, London SW11 1PR – 0.8 Miles, 17-minute walk
- HSBC, 240 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London SW11 1LH – 0.7 Miles, 15-minute walk
Supermarkets & Stores
Tesco Metro, 275-277 Battersea Park Rd, Battersea, London SW11 4LU – 0.5 Miles, 11-minute walk
583 Battersea Park Rd, Battersea Park, London SW11 3BH – 0.3 Miles, 7-minute walk
- The Battersea Medical Centre, 189 Battersea Park Rd, Battersea, London SW11 4LB – 0.7 Miles, 14-minute walk
- The Lambeth Hospital, 108 Landor Rd, Larkhall, London SW9 9NU – 2.5 Miles, 49-minute walk, 9-minute drive
Wandsworth Council Town Hall, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High St, London SW18 2PU – 1.8 Miles, 37-minute walk, 6-minute drive