An Independent Living Scheme in South Tottenham
Josiah Forster’s Almshouses is an independent living scheme in Tottenham (Haringey) and consists of four terraced one-bedroom cottages. It was established in 1862, modernised in 1986, and underwent further major remodelling and refurbishment works in 2014 to provide affordable, modern and energy-efficient housing for older people in Haringey.
There are gardens to the front and rear of the building, with limited controlled parking in all surrounding roads. The independent living scheme is located in a residential area on the main road itself. 24-hour emergency cover provided through the Anchorcall telephone alarm system.
84-94 Philip Lane, Tottenham, London N15 4JJ
- Age: Applicant must be aged 60 years or over at the time of application.
- Geographical: Applicant must have lived in Haringey for 1 year prior to the date of application.
- Gender: Preference will be given to women.
In exceptional circumstances where it has not been possible to fill a vacancy from this locality, then the trustee may consider applicants from the Pathways Jubilee area of benefit comprising the London boroughs of Wandsworth, Waltham Forest, Enfield, Haringey, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Lambeth.
Train & Tube
Seven Sisters’ Underground Station, Seven Sisters Rd, South Tottenham, London N15 5LD – 0.7 Miles, 13-minute walk
- Buses 230 & 341, Winchelsea Road (Stop P) – 0.1 Miles, 1-minute walk
- Buses 230 & 341, Winchelsea Road (Stop G) – 0.1 Miles, 1-minute walk
- Santander, 28 High Rd, Hornsey, London N22 6BQ – 1.7 Miles, 30-minute walk, 7-minute drive
- Barclays Bank, 62 High Rd, Hornsey, London N22 6DH – 1.7 Miles, 30-minute walk, 7-minute drive
- Halifax, 7 Cheapside, High Rd, Wood Green, London N22 6HH – 1.7 Miles, 30-minute walk, 7-minute drive
Supermarkets & Stores
- Tesco Express, 308 W Green Rd, Tottenham, London N15 3QR – 0.8 Mile, 15-minute walk, 3-minute drive
- The Mall Wood Green, 159 High Rd, Hornsey, London N22 6YQ – 1.8 Miles, 3-minute walk, 8-minute drive
108 W Green Rd, Tottenham, London N15 5AA – 0.4 Miles, 8-minute walk
Marcus Garvey Library, 1 Philip Lane, Tottenham, London N15 4JA – 0.1 Miles, 2-minute walk
- Phillip Lane Practice, 111 Philip Lane, Tottenham, London N15 4JR – 0.2 Miles, 3-minute walk
- St Anne’s Hospital, St Ann’s Rd, London N15 3TH – 1.2 Miles, 24-minute walk, 5-minute drive