An Independent Living Scheme in Enfield
Esther Doe Lodge independent living consists of twelve self-contained studio flats located in Winchmore Hill, Enfield. The scheme was established in 1868 and rebuilt in 1974.
There are gardens to all sides of the building, with limited controlled parking at the front and side. The independent living scheme is located in a residential area with vehicle access from Wades Hill and Broadfields Avenue. 24-hour emergency cover provided through the Anchorcall telephone alarm system.
8 Paulin Drive, Winchmore Hill, London N21 1AA
- Age: Applicant must be aged 55 years or over at the time of application.
- Geographical: Preference will be given to applicants born in Bethnal Green, Whitechapel and Streatham.
- Religion: Preference will be given to applicants of the Protestant faith.
- Gender: Preference will be given to female applicants.
In exceptional circumstances where it has not been possible to fill a vacancy from this locality, then the trustees may consider applicants from the Pathways Jubilee area of benefit comprising the London boroughs of Wandsworth, Waltham Forest, Enfield, Haringey, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Lambeth.
Train & Tube
- Winchmore Hill Railway Station, Station Rd, Winchmore Hill, London N21 3NG – 0.3 Miles/6 Min Walk (Great Northern & Thameslink Lines)
- Southgate Underground Station (Piccadilly Line)
W9, Winchmore Hill The Green, Winchmore Hill, London N21 1BB – 0.2 Miles, 4-minute walk
- Barclays Bank, 53 Station Rd, Winchmore Hill, London N21 3ND – 0.3 Miles, 7-minute walk
Enfield Council, Silver St, London EN1 3XA – 2.0 Miles, 40-minute walk, 7-minute drive
Grovelands Park & Boating Lake: Church Hill, 5-minute walk
Supermarkets & Stores
- Tesco Express, 810 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, London N21 2SA – 0.6 Miles, 12-minute walk
- Waitrose, 889 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, London N21 2QP – 0.6 Miles, 8-minute walk
822 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, London N21 2RT – 0.6 Miles, 10-minute walk
Marcus Garvey Library, 1 Philip Lane, Tottenham, London N15 4JA – 0.1 Miles, 2-minute walk
- Blue Oak Medical, 59A Station Rd, Winchmore Hill, London N21 3NB – 0.3 Miles, 7-minute walk
- Winchmore Hill Practice, 808 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, London N21 2SA – 0.6 Miles, 12-minute walk
- North Middlesex University Hospital, Sterling Way, London N18 1QX – 2.6 miles, 53-minute walk, 11-minute drive