An Independent Living Scheme in Medway, Kent
King George V Memorial Houses is an independent living scheme established in 1936 and modernised in 1993-95.
It consists of 12 terraced one-bedroom cottages in a residential area with gardens to the front and rear of the building. There is ample free parking to the front of the cottages. 24 hour emergency cover provided through the Anchorcall telephone alarm system.
49-71 Begonia Avenue, Twydall, Gillingham, Kent ME8 6YB
- Age: Applicant must be aged 60 years or over at the time of application.
- Geographical: Applicant must have lived in Medway for 2 years prior to date of application.
Train & Tube
Rainham Railway Station (Thameslink & South Eastern), Rainham, Gillingham ME8 8ED 1.5 Miles, 29-minute walk, 5-minute drive
130 & 101 Sapphire, Gillingham ME8 6YB – 0.1 Miles, 1-minute walk
- Natwest Bank, 70-74 High St, Rainham, Gillingham ME8 7JQ – 1.3 Miles, 26-minute walk, 4-minute drive
- Nationwide Building Society, 79/81 High St, Rainham, Gillingham ME8 7HS – 1.3 Miles, 26-minute walk, 4-minute drive
- Barclays, 89-93 High St, Rainham, Gillingham ME8 7HS – 1.3 Miles, 26-minute walk, 4-minute drive
Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Rd, Chatham ME4 4TR – 3.7 Miles, 1.13-hour walk, 11-minute drive
Supermarkets & Stores
Tesco Extra, Courteney Rd, Gillingham ME8 0GX – 0.8 Miles, 17-minute walk, 5-minute drive
4-5 Twydall Green, Gillingham ME8 6JY – 0.3 Miles, 6-minute walk
14-15 Twydall Green, Gillingham ME8 6JY – 0.3 Miles, 7-minute walk
- Twydall Clinic, Twydall Green, Gillingham ME8 6JY – 0.4 Miles, 7-minute walk
- Medway Maritime Hospital, Windmill Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 5NY