An Independent Living Scheme in Waltham Forest
Originally founded in 1656 by the will of John Smith, the Leyton United/Church Road Almshouses in Waltham Forest were rebuilt in 1885 in a Tudor style by Richard Creed FRIBA, who also designed the nearby Essex Cricket pavilion.
The Almshouses feature knapped flint work and early Crittall windows. The independent living scheme consists of six one-bedroom properties. Leyton United joined Pathways on 1st August 2012.
1-6 Church Road, London E10 5JX
- Age: Applicant must be aged 60 years or over at time of application.
In exceptional circumstances where it has not been possible to fill a vacancy from this locality, then the trustees may consider applicants from the Pathways Jubilee area of benefit comprising the London boroughs of Wandsworth, Waltham Forest, Enfield, Haringey, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Lambeth.
Train & Tube
- Leyton Underground Station (Central Line), High Road, Leyton, London E10 5PS – (0.7 mile, 15-minute walk)
- Leyton Midland Road Railway Station (Mainline and London Overground), Midland Rd, London, Leyton E10 6JT – (0.6 mile, 12-minute walk)
Nearest bus routes: 158, 58, 97, 69, W15, W14, W16
- Halifax, 606, 608 Lea Bridge Rd, Leyton, London E10 7DP – (1.1 mile, 6 minute car drive)
- Barclays Bank, 618 Lea Bridge Rd, Leyton, London E10 6AS – (1.1 mile, 6 minute car drive)
- TSB Bank, 797-799 High Rd Leytonstone, Leytonstone, London E11 4QS – (1.9 mile, 9 minute car drive)
- Santander, 662 High Road, Leytonstone, London E11 3BD – (1.9 mile, 9 minute car drive)
Waltham Forest Council, Waltham Forest Town Hall, Forest Rd, London E17 4JF – (2.5 miles, 14-minute car drive)
Supermarkets & Stores
- Tesco Express, 401 High Rd Leyton, Leyton, London E10 5NA – (0.3 mile, 6-minute walk)
- Sainsbury’s Local, 297 High Rd Leyton, Leyton, London E10 5QN – (0.5 mile, 10-minute walk)
- Asda Leyton Mills Superstore, Marshall Rd, Leyton, London E10 5NH – (0.9 mile, 18-minute walk)
- Leyton High Road (354) Post Office, 354 High Rd Leyton, Leyton, London E10 6QE – (0.3 mile, 6-minute walk)
Leyton Jubilee Park – (0.4-mile, 2-minute walk)
- Crawley Road Medical Centre, 479 High Rd Leyton, Leyton, London E10 5EL – (0.3 mile, 6 minute walk)
- Smile In London Dentist, 399 High Rd Leyton, Leyton, London E10 5NA – (0.3 mile, 6 minute walk)
- Whipps Cross University Hospital, Whipps Cross Rd, Leytonstone, London E11 1NR – (2 miles, 10 minute car drive)